3.18.2009

Chic Stenciling

Photobucket

Did you all see the $300 room makeovers in The New York Times Style section this past Sunday? They lined up a number of top interior designers to re-do one room in the home of someone who recently lost their job. Each designer only had $300 to work with, and was asked not to use donated items or things they had leftover at their design studios if possible. 

While the results were varied, I admit I was taken by this dramatically oversized stencil in the living room designed by Fawn Galli. It really turns an otherwise basic room into something pretty "wow." Maybe I will try something like this in my bedroom, with charcoal as the background instead....

Photobucket

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I like the stencil but I would have put it on only one focus wall. It gets a bit too busy for me...

Leah said...

I was drawn to it too! It really got slammed on a few other design blogs but I thought it brought some interest to the room.

Miss | A said...

this is brilliant really. love it

Lovely Little Nest said...

oooh I love it!