7.17.2009

Wedding Inspiration Board #1



Amongst all the engagement celebrating, I've been having some fun putting together my wedding inspiration boards. The first thing I usually think about when planning an event is print materials, so I've been pulling some of my favorite invitation images. What I know for sure is that I want a look that is eclectic, feminine and playful, maybe with a bit of a vintage carnival or circus theme. Funny animals (but no peacocks!) must make an appearance, and I want lots of bold color! My color palette is looking like fuschia and violet, with accents of tangerine, turquoise, chartreuse, green and black. Basically, everything you seen in the lovely Enfin, La Voila! seal image in the top left corner.
So cute, don't you think?! Lucky for me I have already hired an amazing designer, the super-talented Cheyenne Panzeter of LoveLeigh Invitations (she did my blog banner too!), so I am assured to have save-the-dates and invitations that fit my look perfectly. I can't wait to share more of my ideas as they come together, and can't wait to hear your thoughts!

(p.s. You can see a larger version of my board here!)

11 comments:

beauty comma said...

I love it!!! (with three exclamation marks) The colours are fantastic and the themes are delightfully untraditional. Gosh, how I'm looking forward to your wedding =D
Have a great weekend Elizabeth!

Waxy said...

Love it! Can't wait to see more! You have such great taste!

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Great inspiration. The color's are my some of my current wedding favorites. You must be experiencing design fever? Such fun!

LindsB said...

I love this! The colors are so bright and will look amazing as save the dates and invites- I cant wait to see what you come up with!

avant garde design said...

i think your idea of having a bit of whimsy within your wedding, keeps it fresh and fun! can't wait to see more. adding that bit of bright color is also very contemporary and adds a bit of pizzaz to old fashioned invites :)

Unknown said...

oh my gosh i love it. so out of the box, creative, whimsical...fun...so YOU! i can not wait to see how everything comes together. i bet it will be totally unlike any other wedding (perfect!)

Piper Jacquelyn said...

Oh, I love this! The color combinations are fabulous. I saw a wedding that was a little bit circus-themed that was truly wonderful.

Lisa said...

Can't wait to see what is in store for this wedding!

Unknown said...

Love it all, you have exquisite taste! Enjoy every minute of the planning, it's such a fun time.

Anonymous said...

The inspiration board is great! Reminds me of one we did at Petulia's Folly.

Amanda said...

Between you and Kate (elefantitas alegres), I'm not sure whose wedding I'm going to be more jealous of!!! Can't wait to follow your progress! (And yes, I'm catching up on your blog after being blog MIA for the past few weeks... darn "real life" and work!)